Social media marketing (SMM) is a form of Internet marketing that utilizes social networking websites as a marketing tool. The goal of SMM is to produce content that users will share with their social network to help a company increase brand exposure and broaden customer reach.
Some examples of social media sites and applications include Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and other sites that have content based on user participation and user-generated content (UGC).
Social Media Marketing seeks companionship with customers that have similar interests via social media avenues so as to develop a long-lasting relationship and as a result, drive more revenues. There are a wide range of Social Media tools, websites and resources available…from the highly visible and popular such as Facebook and Twitter through to niche communities such as StumbleUpon or Digg…each with their own nuances and requiring a unique finesse. To succeed, you need an overall Social Media strategy, a tactical plan and a Social Media partner who can help guide and implement the Social Media component of your broader marketing plan.
Social Media Marketing seeks to integrate research, best practice, theory, audience and partnership insight to inform the delivery of competition sensitive and segmented social change programs that are effective, efficient, equitable and sustainable.
SMM can help with the no. of goals, such as:
- Increasing website traffic
- Building conversions
- Raising brand awareness
- Creating a brand identity and positive brand association.
- Improving communication and interaction with key audiences.
- Only by establishing these goals can you measure your social media ROI
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING | TIPS
- Planning: building SMM plan is essential. Consider keyword research and brainstorm content ideas that will interest your target audience.
- Content is King: When it comes to Social Media Marketing, Content will be everything. Make sure you are offering valuable information that your ideal customers will find interesting. In addition to classic text-based content add videos, images, and infographics.
- Consistence brand image: Core identity of your brand should remain consistent across all social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, StumbleUpon, Google Plus and so on.
- Blog: Blogging is a great SMM tool that lets you to share a wide array of information and content with readers. Your company blog can also serve as your social media marketing blog, in which you blog about your recent social media efforts, campaign, contests and events etc.
- Links: If other sources provide great, valuable information you think your target audience will enjoy, don’t hesitate to link them. Such links will improve trust and reliability, and you may even get some links in return.
- Track competitors: It’s always important to keep an eye in your competitors they can provide valuable data for keyword research, where to get industry related links, and other SMM insights. If your competitors are using other social media then do the same with better approach.
- Measure Success With Analytics: Without tracking data, you won’t be able to measure success of your SMM campaign. Google analytics can be of useful tool for analyzing and tracking your campaign.
Also, attach tracking tags such as #HashTags to your SMM campaign so that you can properly monitor them.